Practicum in Artificial Intelligence
This course provides group tutoring for data-science science-fair projects.
Detailed Description: CS85 is an independent practicum, where each student spends the entire course doing one large research project. While CS84 data sets are from past projects in the AI literature, CS85 data sets are usually completely novel. Students are expected to crawl, collect, or simulate systems to generate the data they need. Unlike previous courses, there are no problem sets at all. Instead, the instructor will provide direction to keep the student on track towards producing a final deliverable, such as a research paper or presentation. This is also the only KTBYTE course that features live tutoring with the instructor as a regularly scheduled part of the curriculum. Students may repeat CS85 for multiple semesters or years as needed to complete or expand their projects. Besides machine learning, students will understand the process of scientific inquiry and all the myriad of time management and communications skills that are required to learn on their own.
You should only take this class if you are proficient at:
- writing independently from scratch python programs of more than 300 lines that include if statements, for loops, class definitions, importing and working with third party libraries, ability to read a python library API.
- building Deep Learning models using Keras,
- working at some capacity with source code written by others,
- downloading, pre-process, importing a dataset by herself,
- is able to define a model with inputs/outputs, (high level understanding of what is a loss function, the difference between regression)
- Has some understanding of different classes of problems (e.g. supervised/unsupervised)
- is comfortable with a terminal
Completion of CS84 and permission of instructor
Kids Coding Sample Projects
These are examples of projects that students create as they grow their skills in CS85
Colored Neural Network
Post-Undergraduate / Research Grade Tools, Modeling with Keras and Tensorflow
GPU Compute Resources for Class include Titan Xp, GTX 1080ti, 32 Virtual Core Machine with 128GB RAM
Linux tools, compute servers, provided in class. Students learn how to ask the right questions and perform research independently
Independent Student Projects can be submitted to science fairs
☹ We don't have any classes starting soon. Please enter your time request for new class section.